San Francisco Road Club

From Wooljersey
Revision as of 15:29, 3 January 2022 by Morgan (talk | contribs) (→‎Members)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

https://fastestslowguy.blogspot.com/search?q=San+Francisco+Road+Club

Place

San Francisco, CA

Emblem

"The club emblem is a red diamond with a black and white wheel in the center."

San Francisco Road Club San Francisco Chronicle Sat Jun 29 1895 .jpeg

Members

The San Francisco Road Club will have their weekly run to Haywards to-morrow, and from promises expect to have about 40 members. The club is in a very flourishing condition, having seven new members come in on last meeting night.

San Francisco Road Club 11 May 1895, Sat The San Francisco Call (San Francisco, California) Newspapers.com

Captain L. L. Korn of the San Francisco Road Club announces a run to-morrow to Petaluma, taking the 8 A. M. Tiburon ferry. Members will assemble at Seventh and Market streets promptly at 7:30. This is a new and active club, of which Ed Sands is the president.

San Francisco Road Club 25 May 1895, Sat The San Francisco Call (San Francisco, California) Newspapers.com

The San Francisco Road Club had a run to San Jose Saturday night by moonlight, returning yesterday. The club has just moved into new quarters at 722 Golden Gate avenue.

NEW FIVE-MILE RECORD. Charles S. Wells' Fast Ride Over the San Mateo Course 10 Jun 1895, Mon The San Francisco Call (San Francisco, California) Newspapers.com

The San Francisco Road Club, for a new organization, has made rapid advancement, having sixty active members, a comfortable clubhouse, and many new members in prospect. The officers are Ed Sand, President; T. O'Brien, Vice-President; M. Lewis, Treasurer: W. B. Meckfessel, Secretary: L. L. Korn, Captain; T. J. Smith, First Lieutenant, and W. Puhrenhagan, Second Lieutenant. The club emblem is a red diamond with a black and white wheel in the center. The clubhouse is 722 Golden Gate avenue.

CYCLING NEWS TO DATE. - Club Runs and Private Excursions to Different Points Outside the City. - The San Francisco Examiner, 27 Jul 1895

The San Francisco Road Club members will meet at the clubroom at 8:30 A. M. to-morrow, cross the bay and go to Haywards to cheer for their fellow members, Pixley, T. J. Smith, J. Smith, Pels and L. L. Leavitt, in the road race. It all depends on the handicaps they get, so they say.

San Francisco Road Club 12 Oct 1895, Sat The San Francisco Call (San Francisco, California) Newspapers.com

The San Francisco Road Club will soon be incorporated. Messrs. Pixley, Blumenthal and Peiser are a committee appointed to look for larger clubrooms in the vicinity of the present quarters on Golden Gate avenue. George Hamlin and L. Leavitt have been presented with gold and silver medals respectively, which they won by their race last Sunday, wherein Hamlin lowered the world's five-mile road record to 11:11 2-5. He has gone away for three weeks, and will be tendered a grand banquet by the club on his return. Joseph Lewis, a popular member, has returned from his trip to Eureka. Harry Raymond was married the other evening to Miss Clara Robinson.

THE WHEELMEN. - The San Francisco Call, 23 Nov 1895

The San Francisco. Road Club was incorporated yesterday with a capital of $2,000, and Frank G. Cross, Julian Unger, Coleman Williams, J. F. Morris and Ed Land as Directors: The object is to promote the interest of bicycling

San Francisco Bicycle Club 26 Nov 1895, Tue The San Francisco Examiner (San Francisco, California) Newspapers.com

Captain C. C. Williams has arranged a run of the San Francisco Road Club to the beach for to-morrow. The club is now incorporated with the following officers: President, F. L. Cross; Vice-President, C. C. Williams; Secretary, J. Unger; Treasurer, J. F. Morris; Directors, F. L. Cross, C. C. Williams, J. Unger, J. F. Morris and Ed Sands.

San Francisco Road Club 30 Nov 1895, Sat The San Francisco Examiner (San Francisco, California) Newspapers.com

The San Francisco Road Club has a run called to the beach to-morrow, when they will be accompanied by the Petaluma Wheelmen. All will assemble at the clubhouse, 720 Golden Gate avenue, at 10 A. M. The members are actively training for the club road race next Sunday, and expect to make fast time.

San Francisco Road Club 21 Sep 1895, Sat The San Francisco Call (San Francisco, California) Newspapers.com