Outing Road Club

From Wooljersey



San Francisco, CA


Outing Road Club San Francisco Chronicle Sat Jun 29 1895 .jpeg


Captain Davis of the Outing Road Club will head a line composed of several of his men who are making preparations for a run to San Mateo next Sunday. The club's headquarters are at 1602 Eddy street.

Outing Road Club - The San Francisco Call, 28 Mar 1895

Captain Meussdorffer has arranged to lead the Outing Road Club to Tamalpais Villa to-morrow to attend a private picnic.

AMONG THE WHEELMEN - San Francisco Chronicle 15 Jun 1895

The Outing Road Club had a most enjoyable run last Sunday, to San Rafael. For to-morrow no run has been called, but most of the members will attend a picnic at Tamalpais.

THE WHEELMEN. San Francisco Call, Volume 78, Number 15, 15 June 1895

All clubs not members of the association who desired to attend were cordially invited, and the following availed themselves of the opportunity: Eintracht Cycling Club, Golden Gate Cycling Club. Liberty Cycling Club, National Road Club, Outing Road Club, Pacific Cycling Club, Sunset Cycling Club, San Francisco Road Club. Captain John F. Burk of the Californias had charge of the run and was ably assisted by the captains of all the other clubs.

CYCLING RUN TO NILES - San Francisco Call, Volume 78, Number 24, 24 June 1895

The Outing Road Club held a most enjoyable smoker at its clubrooms, 1539 Eddy street, last evening. The members invited their friends and a jolly time was had. Refreshments were served and a varied lot of amateur talent served to keep things lively until early hours. President Stamper of the Outing Club has just returned from a trip through Lake County. He says the roads are beginning to get dusty, but he had a most delightful trip. To-morrow the club will have a run to the park.

THE WHEELMEN. - San Francisco Call, 27 July 1895

The Outing Road Club will enjoy a run to Camp Taylor to-morrow, taking the 8 a. m. Sausalito boat.

Captain L. L. Korn has called a run of the San Francisco Road Club to the beach to-morrow, leaving the clubhouse, 726 Golden Gate avenue, at 1 p. m. The blind run last Sunday ended at the Ingleside, the Outing Road Club being the guests of the San Franciscos. An excellent repast was served and every one had a jolly time.

THE WHEELMEN. - San Jose Road Club's Five-Mile Road Race To-Morrow. - HE IS AN ENTHUSIAST. - Henry Martin Now Rides a Bike for Pleasure. - San Francisco Call, 3 August 1895

The members of the Outing Road Club will start this afternoon on a trip to Bolinas Bay under Captain Davis, returning to-monow. The trip is not an easy one at best, and can be made much more comfortable by taking a day and a half to do it, as they will do.

THE WHEELMEN. San Francisco Call, Volume 78, Number 71, 10 August 1895

The Outing Road Club has disbanded and the members will join other clubs, a good many going into the San Francisco Road Club.

The San Francisco Call, San Francisco, California • Sat, Oct 5, 1895, Page 8

The Outing Road Club, which disbanded about a year ago, many of the members affiliating with the San Franciscos and Imperials, has been reorganized with the following officers: G. W. Stamper, president; E. Wookie, secretary-treasurer; F. W. Davis, captain E. Oelrich, first lieutenant; E. Jordan, second lieutenant. Clubrooms have been secured at 1219 Fillmore street, near Turk, and the club is prospering. Next Sunday a run will be called by Captain Davis for Redwood City.

The San Francisco Call, San Francisco, California • Sat, May 16, 1896, Page 10