A book with descriptions of cycling routes and maps, for a cyclist to use as a guide for bicycle rides, usually published by the local division of the League of American Wheelmen
- League of American Wheelmen., & Thompson, R. M. (1890). Hand book of California Division, L.A.W., 1890. San Francisco? CA: League.
- The cyclers' guide and road book of California, by Blum, George W., 1895, San Francisco
The North California Division, League of American Wheelmen, has issued the following circular to all local consuls, league hotels and representatives, which explains itself:
SAN FRANCISCO, August 20, 1896. Dear Sir: I beg to advise you that certain parties, professing to be connected with the North California Division, League of American Wheelmen, are soliciting advertisements for a road book, announcing that it is the official League of American Wheelmen road book. Such statements are false, and you are urged to use your power among your townspeople, informing them of this fact.
The official league road book of this division is now being completed, and will be issued about September 30, and the only advertisements to be found therein are from the tradespeople of San Francisco.
Kindly give this the publicity which it deserves, thereby aiding the board of officers of this division. Fraternally yours,
North California Division, League of American Wheelmen.
FRANK H. KERRIGAN, Chief Consul. STANLEY G. SCOVERN, Secretary-Treasurer.
Pages which link here:
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Road book"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- THE BICYCLISTS ALL ACQUITTED. - Were Arrested by Patrolmen Who Misunderstood the Law. - EINTRACHT ELECTION. - The San Francisco Call, 07 Feb 1896
- THE BIKERS. - How Local the Cyclers Are Spending Their Time. - Oakland Tribune, 11 Jul 1888
- THE NATIONAL CIRCUIT RACES. - The San Francisco Examiner, 09 Nov 1895
- THE WHEEL. - Picnic Run of the Bay Citys - Oakland's Lady Riders - Oakland's Lady Riders - The San Francisco Call, 13 Apr 1890
- The Wheel. - San Francisco Chronicle, 09 May 1887
- The Wheel. - San Francisco Chronicle, 30 Apr 1888
- The Wheel. - San Francisco Examiner, 21 Mar 1887
- THE WHEELMEN - The San Francisco Call, 01 Jun 1895
- THE WHEELMEN. - The San Francisco Call, 28 Sep 1895
- THE WHEELMEN. San Francisco Call, Volume 78, Number 15, 15 June 1895